November 14, 2022
Classic Pumpkin Pie
A pumpkin pie recipe that’s, well, easy as pie and can be made ahead of time. Use canned or fresh puréed pumpkin, and don’t forget the whipped cream!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
2 large eggs plus the yolk of a third egg
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 15-oz can of pumpkin purée
1 12-oz can of evaporated milk
1 pie crust, store bought or homemade
Whipped cream for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Mix in brown sugar, white sugar, and all spices.
3. Stir in pumpkin purée and cream, mix until everything is well combined.
4. Prepare unbaked pie crust in pie plate and pour in the filling.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 50 minutes. The pie is done when a knife inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean.
6. Allow pie to cool. Serve with whipped cream.
Welcome to New Zealand Wine Navigator
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Ground shipping is included on orders of $150 or more.