January 02, 2021
Delicious barbequed prawns, with a honey garlic soy marinade.
- 24 Prawns, large raw, peeled but leave tails on (Main)
- 8 Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- ½ cup Plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 handful Coriander, chopped, to serve
For the marinade
- 3 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp Smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp Ground cumin
- ½ Lemons, juiced
- 1 ½ Tbsp Honey, melted
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Combine the prawns with marinade and leave in fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat barbecue to medium high heat. Lift prawns out of marinade (reserving any leftover marinade) and thread 3 prawns (or 6 smaller prawns) on to each bamboo skewer.
- Season prawns with a little salt and cook on barbecue for 2 minutes, turning once.
- Heat remaining marinade in a small pot on the stove top, or in the microwave, then mix with yoghurt and coriander.
- Serve prawn skewers with yoghurt sauce to dip. Alternatively, remove prawns from skewers and toss with mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes and the yoghurt sauce.
Welcome to New Zealand Wine Navigator
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Ground shipping is included on orders of $150 or more.