April 30, 2022
Barbecue Jumbo Shrimp
Delicious barbequed jumbo shrimp, with a honey garlic soy marinade.
- 24 Jumbo Shrimp, large raw, peeled but leave tails on (Main)
- 8 Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- ½ cup Plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 handful Coriander, chopped, to serve
For the marinade
- 3 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp Smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp Ground cumin
- ½ Lemons, juiced
- 1 ½ Tbsp Honey, melted
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Combine the shrimp with marinade and leave in fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat barbecue to medium high heat. Lift shrimp out of marinade (reserving any leftover marinade) and thread 3 shrimp (or 6 smaller shrimp) on to each bamboo skewer.
- Season shrimp with a little salt and cook on barbecue for 2 minutes, turning once.
- Heat remaining marinade in a small pot on the stove top, or in the microwave, then mix with yoghurt and coriander.
- Serve shrimp skewers with yoghurt sauce to dip. Alternatively, remove prawns from shrimp and toss with mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes and the yoghurt sauce.
Welcome to New Zealand Wine Navigator
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Ground shipping is included on orders of $150 or more.