May 06, 2021
Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Bites
Simple, fresh, crunchy and classy – the perfect appetizer to start a summer dinner party. Pair with something sparkling. My top pick would be the No.1 Family Estate Rosé Methode Traditionellé.
- 200gm Regal Manuka Wood Smoked Salmon
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Micro greens to garnish
Homemade easy mayonnaise
- 2 free range eggs (very fresh, good quality)
- 1 cup of light oil (rice bran, rapeseed not olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Slice the cucumber into rounds - you can slice them thinly or thickly. I tend to slice then thin for a platter of canapés or thicker if I'm serving them as a plated appetizer
- Slice the salmon into long strips, roll then and place one on each cucumber slice
- To make the mayo I prefer to use a stick blender. You can use an ordinary blender, it just takes a little longer. Place all ingredients except the oil into the blender container. Get the stick blender at the ready. Slowly start pouring the oil as you turn the stick blender on full speed. You can pour reasonably fast with a stick blender. It takes me around 15-20 seconds to add all of the oil. If you are using a normal blender, add the oil very, very slowly in a steady fine drizzle
- Spoon a generous blob of mayo on top of each piece of salmon. Store the remaining mayo in a jar in the fridge for up to 10 days
- Garnish the appetizers with a few cilantro leaves on top and micro greens on the side
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Take advantage of our great overnight shipping rates! All 6 bottle purchases will be shipped UPS Next Day Air at a flat fee of $35 or $45 for 7-12 bottles. This is an incredible shipping rate, one to take advantage of over Summer!