December 03, 2020
Slow-roasted Pork Belly
A roast crisp pork belly is entertaining at its best, without the fuss.
- 4.5lb piece boneless pork belly (skin on)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 onions, sliced
- Salad, to serve
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Salt flakes, to season
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork belly skin and fat in a criss-cross pattern, without cutting into the meat. Set aside.
- Place garlic, ground cloves, caraway seeds, chilli, thyme and some sea salt in a mortar and pestle and crush to a paste. Stir in olive oil and lemon juice. Rub the marinade over the pork and stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 430°F.
- Arrange the onion slices in a roasting pan and sit the pork on top. Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 340°C, then roast for a further 3 hours or until the pork is tender and cooked through, and the skin is crisp. Rest the pork belly, uncovered, for 20 minutes, then cut into slices and serve with the salad and mashed potato.
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Take advantage of our great overnight shipping rates! All 6 bottle purchases will be shipped UPS Next Day Air at a flat fee of $35 or $45 for 7-12 bottles. This is an incredible shipping rate, one to take advantage of over Summer!