March 01, 2021
Salmon & Avocado Boats
You'll be hard pressed to find a more perfect food match than smoked salmon and avocado. This decadent little number is an absolute crowd pleaser to kick off your summer dinner party. Pair this entreé with Methode Traditionellé, Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay.
- 100gm Regal Manuka Wood Smoked Salmon
- 2 small avocados
- 1 handful of cilantro
- Micro greens to garnish
- Chilli olive oil to drizzle (optional)
Homemade easy mayonnaise
- 2 free range eggs (very fresh, good quality)
- 1 cup of light oil (rice bran, rapeseed not olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Carefully slice the avocados in half and remove the stone
- Portion the salmon into four, 25 gm amounts
- Arrange the salmon artfully on top of the avocado halves
- To make the mayo I use a stick blender. You can use an ordinary blender, it just takes a little longer. Place all mayo ingredients except for the oil into the blender container. Get the stick blender at the ready. Slowly start pouring the oil as you turn the stick blender on full speed. You can pour reasonably fast with a stick blender. It takes me around 15-20 seconds to add all of the oil. If you are using a normal blender, add the oil very, very slowly in a steady but fine drizzle
- Spoon a generous blob of mayo on top of each avocado boat. Store the remaining mayo in a jar in the fridge for up to 10 days
- Garnish the boats with cilantro leaves and micro greens
- Drizzle with chilli oil and serve
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Ground shipping is included on orders of $150 or more.