April 04, 2021
Poached Egg with Potato Rosti & Wilted Spinach
- 3x potatoes (medium, peeled)
- 1x garlic clove (minced)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) white vinegar
- 8x eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- paprika (for garnish)
- Shred potatoes using the largest holes on a box grater; spread the potatoes out in an even layer on a large kitchen towel. Roll towel into log; position towel over the sink and twist to squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; mix in garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat half of the butter and oil over medium to high heat; drop 1/2 cup (125 mL) portions of potato mixture into skillet. Spread each portion into a thin pancake; cook without disturbing for 4 minutes per side or until golden. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining butter, oil and potato mixture.
- Meanwhile, fill the saucepan with enough water to come 3 inches (8 cm) up side; stir in vinegar and bring to a gentle simmer. Break cold egg into small dish or saucer. Holding dish just above simmering water, slip egg into water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Cook, in barely simmering water, for 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are cooked to as desired. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon; drain well on paper towel.
- Topping: In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté spinach until just starting to wilt. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Divide spinach evenly over rosti and top with poached eggs. Sprinkle with paprika.
Tip: If desired, serve with bacon or smoked salmon.
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Take advantage of our great overnight shipping rates! All 6 bottle purchases will be shipped UPS Next Day Air at a flat fee of $35 or $45 for 7-12 bottles. This is an incredible shipping rate, one to take advantage of over Summer!