November 15, 2022
For a smaller crowd, you can't beat this mouthwatering turkey breast recipe. Don't skimp on the spices, or the wine.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 1:45 hours (see instructions)
6 - 8 lbs bone-in turkey breast. Yes you can get one without the bone, but they don’t taste as good, and are never as juicy. So just follow the instructions and get a bone-in one, but just in case, we’ve provided instructions for boneless.
1 tsp each of oregano, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, rosemary, and paprika.
4 tbsp of melted butter or olive oil.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Put turkey skin side up in a lightly greased 9x13 or larger roasting pan.
3. Mix together the butter/oil with the herbs and spices, this is your rub.
4. Loosen the skin a little with your fingers so you can rub the rub under and over the skin in places. You are not trying to completely remove the skin, just get some of the herby goodness under it in places. Rub the rub all over, but particularly on the skin as it will help crisp it up.
5. Cook for 20 minutes per pound until internal temp reaches 160°F.
6. Boneless turkey: cook for about 17 minutes per pound until internal temp reaches 160°F. Boneless will cook quicker.
6. Remove from the oven, cover with tinfoil, and let rest on the bench for 15 mins.
6. Display on a serving dish, carve with a very sharp knife, enjoy with our perfect wine pairings.
Welcome to New Zealand Wine Navigator
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Ground shipping is included on orders of $150 or more.