November 01, 2023
Traditional Instagram-Worthy Turkey
The main event! A show-stopping bird that's juicy, flavorful, and surprisingly easy to make. Shhh, we won't tell anyone.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 2.5-3.5 hours
1 10-16 lbs turkey
2 cups chicken stock
For Herb Butter
1 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
6 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp chopped thyme
1 tbsp chopped sage
1 tbsp chopped rosemary
1. If using a frozen turkey, make sure to thaw completely before the big day. On average, turkeys require 24 hours of thaw time per 5 lbs. So that 20 lbs turkey will require 4 days in the refrigerator before roasting.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove giblets and neck from the cavity of the thawed turkey and let it come to room temperature before roasting.
3. Make herb butter by combining all herb butter ingredients in a bowl.
4. Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Use your fingers to separate the skin on top of the turkey breast and rub a few tablespoons of butter under the skin, directly on the bird.
5. Place bird in roasting pan and rub remaining herb butter over the skin.
6. Add chicken broth to bottom of roasting pan and place in the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
7. Roast until an internal thermometer reads 165°F. As a guideline, turkeys require 13 minutes per pound to cook.
8. Remove from oven and tent with tin foil for 10 minutes before carving.
9. Reserve any remaining drippings for use in gravy.
Welcome to New Zealand Wine Navigator
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Ground shipping is included on orders of $200 or more.