June 08, 2021
Smoked Salmon Poke Bowl
Succulent smoked salmon balanced by a crunchy, zesty slaw on a bed of salad greens and brown rice. This dish is the perfect lunch or light dinner to pair with New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay.
- 200gm of Manuka Wood Smoked Regal Salmon
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups of your favorite salad greens (lettuce leaves, sprouts, microgreens etc)
- 1/2 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cob of sweetcorn
Slaw ingredients (Kiwi-style)
- 1/3 head of cabbage (red or green), finely sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 purple beetroot, grated (tip: after grating, squeeze out any excess juice to avoid your slaw turning pink)
- 1 medium apple, grated
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 heaped tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Put a pot of water on to boil for your rice and cook as directed on the packet.
- Cook the sweetcorn in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes until it turns bright yellow. Set aside to cool.
- Combine your slaw ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put your slaw dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Add your dressing to your slaw ingredients and stir until well coated. You may not need to use all the dressing. Save any remaining to drizzle over your salad greens.
- Once the rice has cooked, drain thoroughly.
- When the sweetcorn has cooled, slice the corn carefully off the husk.
- Now it's time to assemble your poke bowls. I usually start with 1/3 rice. Then I add 1/3 slaw and 1/3 salad greens before topping with the avocado, sweetcorn and cucumber.
- Finally, roll up the sheets of smoked salmon and assemble them on top of the rice.
- Season with soy sauce and wasabi if that is to your taste. Use any leftover dressing to drizzle on the salad greens.
Variations: You can swap out any of the toppings. Things like red bell peppers and half a boiled egg work well. Grilled salmon or BBQ chicken or pork make great alternatives to smoked salmon.
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Take advantage of our great overnight shipping rates! All 6 bottle purchases will be shipped UPS Next Day Air at a flat fee of $35 or $45 for 7-12 bottles. This is an incredible shipping rate, one to take advantage of over Summer!