November 06, 2022
It’s not Thanksgiving without stuffing. This traditional recipe featuring sage might just be the most popular dish on your table.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
2 large loaves white bread, 2 to 3 days old, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup salted butter
1 cup minced yellow onion
1 cup chopped celery
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
5 tablespoons minced fresh sage
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock (optional)
1. Heat oven to 225°F. Spread bread cubes on baking sheet and dry in oven until crisp, about 60 minutes. Transfer toasted bread cubes to a greased baking dish.
2. Melt butter in a sauté pan over low heat. Add onions, celery and garlic and cook until vegetables are soft and fragrant, about 10 minutes.
3. Add salt, pepper and chopped sage. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
4. Add cooked vegetables and sage to the breadcrumbs. Fold to combine.
5. Pour chicken stock over bread cube mixture. Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Welcome to New Zealand Wine Navigator
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Ground shipping is included on orders of $150 or more.