November 10, 2020
A smooth, creamy, rich seafood bisque, perfect for pairing with a New Zealand Chardonnay.
Makes: Serves 8
Time Required: 2 hours
- 6 Tbs butter
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced carrot
- 1 bag ‘Stock Shop’ Lobster Stock
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 lb lobster or crab meat
- Pinch cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add mushroom, onion, celery, and carrot.
- Cook until tender about 15 mins.
- Stir in lobster stock and season with cayenne.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- Pour vegetable and broth mixture into a blender, add half of the lobster/crab meat, cover and blend until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan, stir in half & half, white wine, and remaining lobster/crab meat.
- Cook over low heat stirring frequently until thickened about 25 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Welcome to New Zealand Wine Navigator
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Ground shipping is included on orders of $200 or more.