April 04, 2021
Kiwi Style Pancakes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1x egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp table spread
- 8x rashers streaky bacon
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1x bottle pomegranate syrup
- sprinkle icing sugar
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and caster sugar into a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg in another bowl until smooth then whisk in the buttermilk. Stir into the flour mixture. It should be slightly lumpy.
- Lightly grease a large non-stick frying pan with the table spread.
- Heat on medium. Place ¼ cup of the batter into the frying pan. Spread each into an approximately 8cm round. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip over and cook the other side, until golden.
- Meanwhile, pan-fry or microwave the bacon until cooked.
- Layer 2 rashers of bacon and some blueberries between 2 pancakes. Top with more blueberries and dust with icing sugar. Repeat. Serve the pomegranate syrup on the side.
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Take advantage of our great overnight shipping rates! All 6 bottle purchases will be shipped UPS Next Day Air at a flat fee of $35 or $45 for 7-12 bottles. This is an incredible shipping rate, one to take advantage of over Summer!