November 06, 2022
Baked Mac & Cheese
Take your mac & cheese to the next level with crispy bacon and aromatic onion, guaranteed to be loved by kids and adults alike.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1.5 hours
2 cups elbow macaroni
3 tbsp butter
1 12-oz can evaporated milk
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp flour
1-lb (4 cups) grated cheddar
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Salt & pepper, to taste
Optional: 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
Optional: 5-10 strips of bacon, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Prepare macaroni according to directions on the box. Drain and set aside.
3. In a big pot, melt butter, whisk in flour, and slowly add evaporated milk, whisking until incorporated. Cook over medium heat until thick.
4. Add salt and pepper. Stir in onion and bacon if using.
5. Gradually add cream and 3 1/2 cups of cheese until melted and desired consistency.
6. Add pasta to cream sauce, and transfer to a greased baking dish.
7. Cover in breadcrumbs and remaining cheese.
8. Bake uncovered for 30 - 35 minutes.
Welcome to New Zealand Wine Navigator
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Ground shipping is included on orders of $150 or more.