Master Sommelier

score

94

2014 Drumsara Pinot Noir

Central Otago

New Zealand

The 2014 Pinot Noir is another well defined example of Drumsara Wines’ Terroir. A dark red Pinot Noir with a powerful and complex aroma of wild cherries, dark plum, sweet raspberry with thyme and spices. The palate displays a sweet concentration of dark fruit, thyme and vanilla. The tannins are fine and subtle giving concentration and length to the wine.

Winemaker's notes

The Autumn was dry and warm allowing the ripening fruit to develop good varietal flavors. The fruit at harvest was impeccably clean with good maturity. Pinot Noir Clone 5 52%, B667 12%, B777 17%, 115 6% & Able 13%. Hand picked. The whole bunches enter the de-stemmer / crusher, adjusted to allow for 90% of the berries to be crushed to release the juice and the remaining 10% to remain whole.

Details

Vintage2014 RegionCentral Otago VarietyPinot Noir ClosureScrew cap ColorRed Volume750ml Case size12
Alcohol Level 13.9% Acidity 5.1 pH 3.54

Top 3 food
pairings

Lamb Best Vegetarian Best BBQ Great

Greek Eggplant, Lamb, Lentil and Goats' Cheese Salad

A gorgeous recipe. It is perfect for a special lunch with friends or a light summer evening meal.
Read more
Similar
Explore

Central Otago

Discover
the region

Explore

Drumsara Wines

Discover
the winery